Nothing says romance like beach sunsets and fine dining. For couples young and old, there are countless places to visit in the interest of turning up the heat, but there’s something about Florida that’s exceptionally welcoming. Whether it’s at a world class resort, or at an intimate place off the beaten path, there’s a myriad of options for lovers of all walks of life to go gaga over. Even couples with a tight budget due to loan repayments and debt can manage to find the perfect romantic vacation.
To say that you love long walks on the beach sounds a bit cliché, but there really is something magical about a leisurely stroll across the sand. Cheesy or not, Florida is home to some of the most amazing beaches on the planet, all of which are ripe with the potential for sparks to fly. Just remember that you can conserve money on this vacation by packing a romantic lunch for two and visiting in the spring or fall.
- Sanibel Beach: The island of Sanibel is a prime location for collecting conch, scallop and cockle shells. If your loved one wants a souvenir from your romantic getaway, Sanibel is the place to go.
- Clearwater Beach: If you want to experience Florida without the crowds and chaos, Clearwater Beach is a must see. As a quieter alternative to the Florida party scene, Clearwater is the perfect getaway for couples looking for some R&R.
- South Beach: It may be tough to find last minute vacation rentals in South Beach, but the bustling atmosphere and architectural eye candy are worth a try. If you and yours are the nightlife type, South Beach is where you want to be.
Food is an inherently intimate experience when in the right setting. Not only does it present an opportunity for you and your significant other to split a dish, it also gives you both a chance to be a little self-indulgent. Florida is renowned for its seafood, but if you’re not into the oyster scene, there are plenty of alternatives. If you can’t get too self-indulgent check to see if the area you’re visiting has an attraction discount book.
- Rocco’s Tacos and Tequila Bar: With locations in West Palm Beach, Boca Raton, Palm Beach Gardens, Ft. Lauderdale and Orlando, Rocco’s Tacos is the place to go for a stiff margarita and a fistful of delicious tacos.
- YOLO: Don’t let the name fool you, YOLO isn’t some run-of-the-mill joint. Although specializing in contemporary American cuisine, the atmosphere is vibrant and the décor will have you coming back for seconds.
- Juvia: This 10,000 square foot slice of paradise serves a unique blend of French, Japanese and Peruvian dishes. Prices are a little high, but for a romantic night on the town, Juvia will certainly set the mood with its rooftop penthouse.
Although a tad pricey, Florida’s many resorts are worth saving a few extra pennies for prior to takeoff. Many of them are right on the water, allowing for easy beach access, and boast some of the most lavish décor. Also, if you can’t get away from the kids for a weekend, they are very family-friendly. If you need to conserve as many pennies as you can, be sure to plan ahead in order to receive the best deal.
- Little Palm Island Resort and Spa: Accessibly only by boat or seaplane, the Little Palm Island Resort is the epitome of secluded, romantic hideouts. It’s also very expensive, so if a romantic rendezvous is in your near future, start saving now.
- WaterColor Inn and Resort: If you can’t seem to shake the kids, the WaterColor Inn and Resort makes for a great family affair. The rooms feature floor-to-ceiling windows overlooking the Gulf of Mexico, and if the adults need some alone time, the kids can run off to Camp WaterColor for some fun in the sun.
- Elizabeth Pointe Lodge: Take a step back in time at this Gatsby-era resort complete with oversized tubs and West Indies décor. Rooms are limited, so book in advance if possible.
Florida isn’t referred to as the Sunshine State for no reason. For those lovebirds in parts of the country plagued with harsh winters, or even couples further south looking to work on their tan, the panhandle has a lot to offer. So, if you and your beau are looking to spice up your relationship, or if you’re rekindling a new flame, look no further, Florida will be your backdrop for love.