Tennessee is known for its natural beauty and for the famous Dollywood theme park. Did you know that there’s more to Tennessee than country music and backwoods country roads? Whether you travel to one of the Bluegreen Resorts, or prefer to stay in a hotel during your vacation, there’s something for everyone in Tennessee. Bring the kids, or plan a romantic getaway. You’ll be amazed at the variety of activities there are to explore and enjoy.
1) Hike the scenic trails of the Great Smokey Mountains National Park. Trails range from easy enough for beginners, to challenging treks for experienced hikers. The breathtaking scenery is enticing, and the natural wonders you’ll encounter along the trails are an experience your family will never forget.
2) Play a round of mini-golf. Ready for a less-challenging hike around the course? Two courses have been built into the rocky façade of the mountain, creating a unique experience for adventurous mini-golfers. There are many courses to choose from, so you can play a few or play them all during your stay.
3) Visit the Ripley’s Aquarium. Part underwater adventure, part museum, the Ripley’s Aquarium features a tropical rainforest exhibit that includes an unusual fish. The arapaima fish has one talent- it can make an audible sound that can be heard from quite a long distance. Not many people can say they’ve heard a fish speak, but aquarium visitors will hear this unique sound.
4) Wet a line. If the visit to the aquarium inspires the angler in your family, there are a multitude of opportunities to drop in a line for a chance at catching one of Tennessee’s famous trout. The mountain streams are stocked, helping to ensure there are plenty of large fish available to catch. Advanced fishermen may want to strike out on their own, while beginners may want to rely upon one of the many expert outfitters in the area.
5) Take in a show. Worn out from all the outdoor activities? Pigeon Forge offers a myriad of world-class entertainment venues. From small, intimate shows to spectacular outdoor productions, there’s something for everyone in Pigeon Forge after hours.
Ready to plan your Tennessee vacation? Bluegreen Resorts offers a variety of packages to suit every family’s need. Whether you choose to join a vacation exchange program, allowing your family to experience the freedom of a different destination with each trip, or prefer to stay as you go at one of the many choice hotels associated with Bluegreen vacations, you won’t be disappointed. Travel, accommodations, and entertainment are as scheduled or as flexible as you like.
When you visit Tennessee, you’ll experience some of the most enticing natural beauty in the United States. Create family memories that will last a lifetime when you come to the Smokey Mountains and Pigeon Forge. Hike the trails, fish the clear mountain streams, and take in the many attractions in the area, and make your stay the vacation of a lifetime.