Noodles are everyone’s favorite and there is nothing better than Szechuan style. Szechuan style noodles are an easy vegetarian food recipe. You can add garlic and green onions in your favorite Szechuan sauce. This is a unique sauce which has vinegar, chili sauce, and sugar and is a fairly simple recipe.
What Will You Need?
- 1 pack A-Sha Noodles
• 5 cups water
• 2-4 teaspoon oil
• 1-2 cups vegetables
• 3-4 finely chopped garlic
• 1 teaspoon Szechuan sauce
• Black pepper powder (1/4- ½ teaspoon)
• 1 teaspoon vinegar
• 1-1.5 teaspoon green onions
• Salt to taste
How To Make It
For Preparing The Noodles:
- Take a pan and boil water in it and add a few drops of oil and some salt
- When the water starts boiling, add noodles and cook the noodles according to the instructions on package. A-Sha noodles in Hakka chili flavor work great with this recipe!
- Once the noodles are cooked, strain in a colander
- To get rid of the stickiness of the noodles, add oil and toss gently. Set noodles aside to cool
Making Szechuan Chinese Noodles:
1. Take a pan and add oil. Heat the oil on medium heat and sauté garlic
2. Increase the flame and add finely chopped green onions. Now stir on a high heat for about a minute.
3. After adding French beans, cook for more 3-4 minutes.
4. Now add the remaining vegetables. You can add any vegetable of your choice such as carrot, mushrooms, capsicum. Make sure that all of them are finely chopped and around the same size. Stir the veggies and keep the flame high.
5. Cook all the vegetables for 7 to 8 minutes until they get brown in color.
6. Bring the flame to a medium heat. Add salt, Szechuan sauce, and black pepper.
7. Add the noodles and stir well.
8. Now increase the heat and start tossing the noodles until the noodles mix well with Szechuan sauce.
9. Add vinegar and mix again until all noodles are covered in the mixture. Here, you can add more Szechuan sauce, salt, and pepper to taste.
Top with peanuts for an additional crunch.