Travelling can be a glamorous or affordable experience, depending on how we want to travel. One thing that we should be aware that it’s generally easy to get sick. When we are not feeling too good, it would not be possible to enjoy everything to the fillest. However, there are ways we could do to stay generally healthy:
- Stay hydrated: In general, we should be able to drink as much as we need. The more we drink, the more likely those gunk and foreign organisms to get washed away by our system. We should drink more water when we are going to warmer areas. We should also bring a large bottle of water when we go to attractions during the summer.
- Boost our immunity: There should be a lot of ways to boost our immunity. As an example, we may regularly drink effervescent tablets with complete vitamin and mineral. This is essential, especially if we are unable to find healthy food during our travel. If possible, we should eat more vegetables and fruits to improve our immune system.
- Get good sleep: In general, we should be aware that rest is important to boost our immunity. As an example, we should choose quieter rooms in the hotel, especially those located at the end of the corridors. Rooms near the staircases or elevator may not be suitable for people who are easily disturbed by noises. People who wake easily should have a source of white noise in their room, such as fan or TV set at low volume.
- Eat nutritious food: In general, our food should be nutritious and healthy food is key to maintain our health, especially in less than ideal situations. Travelling can be stressful and this could also affect our health. Because venturing outside our home and city isn’t a normal routine, it can be particularly stressful. In general, we may need to avoid those complimentary breakfast from hotel, because they could high in sugar and fat. Preferably, we could eat some bread as source of carbohydrate and fruits we bought the previous day from local markets or supermarkets.
- Suds up: In general, we should wash our hands whenever we can and we don’t need to be too compulsive about it. All we need is to wash our hands regularly, especially because we may come into contact with potentially harmful things. In general, we should keep ourselves healthy and we need to build our immunity. Washing our hands regularly should also keep our immune system at an ideal condition, especially if we are able to keep our stress level under control. In general, we could rely on the old-fashioned clean water and antiseptic soap that contain the anti-bacterial substance. Soap with too much fragrance may not have enough killing power.
So there you have it! There are easy ways to keep ourselves healthy when we travel to distant countries. By taking care of our body, it will benefit us in return.